Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

Me with my Best Friend Tanya

Part of the view

Birthday's are FUN!!  Although I must admit that this one was a quiet one.  The boys headed back to school today after their first term break and I once again had the house to myself and could settle back into my usual school day routine.

Josh was full of the beans this morning and came bouncing into the room to wake me up to wish me Happy Birthday and to hand over my gift.  He then had to rush off to wake up his brother so that I could open it up.  Sweethearts!!

On Sunday my BGF Tanya took me to the Westcliff Hotel for morning tea.  I had so much fun and it was really great just being with her and being able to just chat.  We haven't been able to do that since her mom's death.  This morning tea is quite an affair and thoroughly enjoyable.  The most gorgeous savouries, cakes, tartlets and scones with jam and fresh cream are served.  It was hard not to indulge but I behave myself.  There was also a variety of teas and coffees.

I even managed to get to gym today and attend a spinning class.  My heart was not in it and I ended up taking it easier than I usually do.  Let's just say my mind was everywhere else but on Spinning.  I still had fun.

Do I feel a year older.  Nah!!  LOL  At least this year I didn't have to share my birthday with the Easter Bunny.  Boy, does that dude get all the attention when your birthday ends up being on Easter Sunday.  LOL

On Wednesday I will have my first weigh-in with this specific diet I'm giving a try.  It's going great - I do worry sometimes that I'm not actually getting in enough but I am trying to play around with it a bit and adapt it where I can.  I definitely know that before a race and the day of a race that it would probably not be the best move to stick to it 100%.  I am suffering from lots of headaches which I believe is from detoxing - I hope they disappear soon.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.  In all honesty I cannot wait for the next one.  I have a race ahead of me.  Woohoo!!  I'm looking forward to getting back onto my bike.  :-))

Hugs



1 comment:

M Pax said...

Happy belated birthday!

Sounds like a very lovely day. How cute that your boys were all excited.

Hope the new plan continues to go well for you.