Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Belly Dancing


It finally happened, after wanting to go forever and I mean forever, I finally managed to get to my first Belly Dancing class this evening. 

The Verdict :

F*U*N

This is what I'll be doing on Wednesday evenings from now on.  The HR monitor is left at home and this is JUST FOR ME!!  For enjoyment, for pleasure, for fun, for falling in love.....(and I mean with my body not anybody else, oh-kay!!)

I love the moves and I love how it makes me feel - and the added PLUS - it has made me more determined to lose the weight.  At the moment I'm the, uhmmm, largest woman in the class but I was never made to feel fat - all the woman were extremely helpful and supportive - I enjoyed it so much that I'm seriousley going to be wishing my week away...LOL  okay maybe not - we have to move next weekend and who likes to do that.  NOT ME, I can tell you that. 

3 comments:

antgirl said...

Yaay on finding something fun. There's no reason getting healthy should sit like shackles on our ankles. It's so much easier when you look forward to being active.

Are they tiny people in your class? You're hardly large.

Connie said...

That sounds like soooo much fun! I've always been fascinated by Belly Dancing.

Hanlie said...

You are so adventurous! I suspect that I will feel incredibly silly doing that, but I can totally see myself jumping on a trampoline. Go figure!