Thursday, November 19, 2009

Shaking up the D*I*E*T

The past few months I've been on one mission - the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge Mission. The race is now over and I'm feeling lost. :-)) Whatz with that - huh??? Anyway I am sure that once I have found my next big cycling challenge or rather entered it I'll feel like I'm on a mission again. LOL For now I'm back to square one - resting + training and working on the D*I*E*T. The cold weather and it is really cold. Bbbrrrrrrrr, has been a GOOD excuse to take it easy and rest!! But I'm getting restless - thankfully tomorrow is Friday and I think I'll drag hubby and me to Yoga for a good stretch. This weekend might also be the perfect opportunity to try out that Belly Dancing class and get into it. There will be no cycling races until the end of January 2010 - so the perfect time to fill my Saturdays with something I have always wanted to try. :-)) So just over a month ago I found myself at a loss regarding what to eat, when to eat and possibly how to eat!! Weight Watchers although great is just too far from home and the meeting time is not convenient. The Dietician was on a 'High Protein' kick and that wasn't for me. Been there and done that - didn't work!! This approach also has me wondering about dieticians but enough of that. I did something I swore I'd never do and WHY?? I just don't like weighing my food but it has worked. I signed up with Weigh Less (discounted due to our Medical Aid choice) and close to home. Meetings are on Saturday mornings another added bonus, I don't need to drag the boys along - they get to stay at home with dad and I get to do something that I need to do with no added stress. I have lost 3.9 kg's in the past 4/5 weeks - I hope it continues on in this fashion. So this is where I am at. I haven't quit - I haven't stopped - I've refocused!! And most importantly I am having FUN!! Back soon... Mich

2 comments:

MB said...

It's all about the FUN! I can't wait to hear about the next race. Enjoy the rest.

Hanlie said...

Good luck with Weigh Less! My sister recently joined and has lost all her baby weight. She looks fabulous!