Monday, July 6, 2009

What a weekend!!

It all began on Saturday morning. I went off to gym to meet up with April, my personal trainer for an invigorating training session and then snuck myself off for some quick retail therapy afterwards. Hubby and the boys had gone to fetch my Kettlebells which had arrived and to pop in to see his brother while he was out. We then met up again at home. He then went on to give me the surprise of my life. He told me we could go and get the Mt. Bike I had been drooling over for a short while now. LOL His tax refund had arrived sooner than later. I was completely 'gob smacked' - WOW!! It was actually happening.
It was meant to be a quick retail session seeing as I had already tried the bike out and knew exactly what I wanted but 'hang on' the salesman has other ideas and decides that today is the perfect day to show us the next model up. His thinking is that seeing as I want to do both road and off-road that the next model up would be much better. Hmmmmm.......this was meant to be a quick acquisition. LOL Eventually the upgrade seemed like the better option and I came home with my new bike, an Avalanche ATX 375. So mine is not the black pictured above but a pretty white option. I loved the black but naturally they did not have it in my size - go figure!!
Now for the big shocker - I've already registered for two road races, both have full road closure at the time of the race. One is in Durban and the other up here in Joey's. My stomach is in a knot, what was I thinking. LOL One is 40km's and the other 94.7km's. The Durban one is in October and the Joburg race is in November (a month apart). I'm still in shock that I have registered for the big one, I'm not sure I've totally recovered. I keep telling myself that it is not cast in stone and that I can back out of it if I want to. I don't need to prove anything to anyone...
So what did you do this weekend.....

2 comments:

Hanlie said...

Wow! You mean business! Good luck with the training... As you say, it's not cast in stone, so just see how you go.

Unknown said...

i’m an associate of mary anne radmacher’s and saw you’ve enjoyed her quote, “courage doesn't always roar.” i know mary anne is so happy when people find inspiration from her words in the context of their daily lives. for more work from mary anne’s hand visit her website maryanneradmacher.com. mary anne has written several books and shares her work in many forms including conferences and classes. If you’d like more information feel free to e-mail me at jessicaformaryanneradmacher@gmail.com. thanks for sharing her words!