This week has most certainly had it's ups and downs and reflecting back on the meals that went *south* is because I had not thought them through. The meat/chicken was still frozen in the freezer, I hadn't bought the correct ingredients and/or if I thought I had something in the fridge chances are it was there to long and was not edible.
In refelction of this week, two nights ended up with take-aways. One night Pizza and another night KFC and boy did I not enjoy the KFC - hubby ended up eating mine. It just was not enjoyable. Lunch is easier if we are at gym as getting a salad or healthy wrap is easy.
We quite enjoy wraps but finding Low GI has been a problem until yesterday. Yesterday, I managed to get Low GI wraps from one retailer and also came across some Wholewheat ones - clearly I have been looking in all the wrong places.
To ultimately keep on track you need to do a couple of things:
* Plan - Your meals in advance (weekly works best in this household)
* Plan - Make that shopping list and get what you need.
* Prepared - Make sure you are on top of your meals that day (take what you need out of the freezer - thinking about it an hour before you need to prepare your meal won't help)
* Fresh - if you need to purchase it fresh, do it after you have had breakfast or lunch - shopping when you're hungry is a no-no and will lead a path to junk food.
* Packing healthy snacks when out and about is a good way to avoid buying junk as well.
My weak moment!! - we've had an extremely cold snap this week. We had a couple of days where it rained on top of it all. The last place I feel like being was in the kitchen. *smile* Looking back I learned something about me, next time I will be prepared.
Hugs, keep strong and PLAN, Plan, plan......