Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's going to be addictive.....

I think April's ability to keep sneaking spinning into our conversations might have been what sparked the interest, hence the crazy decision sometime late last week to give spinning a try.
At 05:30 this morning the alarm goes off.  Hubby gives me a nudge to make sure I'm awake.  I'm awake and thinking.....eeeeek, what have I gotten myself into.  This morning I'm lucky as April doesn't have a client and is going to join me.  That is how I ended up in the front row and not the back.  I had booked myself into the back row but April changed that......so front row it was.  LOL  Now, our winters aren't to bad - if anything we're spoilt cause up here in Joey's they're pretty mild but I'm still a wimp and at 05:30 it is rather nippy.  Cycling shorts with sweat resistant top......and sweats over that.  Get to gym and I'm thinking that I'm not brave to strip down in the change rooms, I'll just take off my sweat pants and top off in the spinning class.  Not sure that was a wise idea....but hey, I didn't have to run from the change rooms to the class freezing my a$$ off.   Luckily, the instructor for the spinning class this morning was Lynne, my Yoga instructor.  Between her and April they made sure that the bike was adjusted correctly and gave me the what to do's and what not to do.  Ultimately, the idea was to have fun!!  With both spurring me on, I couldn't have anything but FUN!!  My legs felt great but oh my 'toosh' - I swear if it wasn't for that I'd be able to do much more.  April is now on a mission to find me a gel seat.....this is one Angel of a Personal Trainer.  I am blessed to have had my path cross with hers.   For now I am going to do 1 Spinning class a week until I get into the swing of things, then I'll pick it up.  All I know is that I'd rather be cycling than having my legs pound the tarmac.  
So, I survived the front row.  I have a gorgous and supportive Personal Trainer - If I end up with a figure anywhere near hers I'll be estactically happy!!  I managed to 45 minutes and although sore - my toosh might just forgive me.
Now, as for my sweaty cylcing shorts and that - this brain spark left them hanging over the shower at gym.   I need to graciously figure out how to rescue them from Lost Property.  LOL  I think I was clearly on a high from surviving my first Spinning class........
Did I tell you that I tested out a Mountain Bike this weekend.  It was so cool - the bugger costs a wee fortune but I'm saving up for it.  :))  At the time of trying it out I got on and rode around the shop - this brought a smile to my face as I remembered Elaine who had a story to tell about her trying out bicycles ......  LOL  (Waves hi to Elaine)  
And yeah, the first MTB race I want to try out is in Novemember.  It's a short one - 10km but that is fine for now and Brad can join me...........
Keep strong.......have a good week and let's show those scales whose in charge.!!!
Hugs
Michelle

2 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Wow, it does sound like fun! I'm sure April is enjoying having a trainee who is as dedicated and willing to try new things as you are!

rosebud101 said...

You go, girl! Keep up the great work!