Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kettlebells


I just ordered this book. I cannot wait for it to arrive and luckily for me it is available locally so I should have it in a week or so.  Woot, woot....

I am convinced that this is one of the BEST workouts anyone could have.  Last week Thursday I had a session with April and we did some Kettlebells, well, today is the first time I can sit and stand up without yelping in pain.  Every muscle in my legs screamed - they had worked hard.  It was a good pain and here I am wanting MORE!!  Crazy - huh

We have had the worst - miserable weather ever.  It's been cold and the sun has disappeared for days on end.  It's been grey, wet and miserable.  When the sun does appear it seems to be for brief periods. 

The diet is going well.  I have had a few hiccups this past week and have maintained and not lost.  I am happy to report a 2.2 kg loss however in the first two weeks of being on the plan.  

With cold seemed to come the need to eat carbs.  The carb cravings won but I will have my revenge.  I was telling hubby yesterday that after a dose of 'refined' carbs I feel gross.  My body feels sluggish and yuck but when those carbs first touch those taste buds it tastes like heaven.  I need to keep reminding myself of the after effects which last much longer than the heavenly taste.  

I am enjoying making the winter stash of homemade veggie soup - I'm just hoping that I don't get tired of it too soon.  Winter has only just begun.

The cycling is slowly coming to a grinding halt for the moment.  The mornings are way too cold and it's dark as well.  Although we would not be cycling in the dark - the cold will most certainley still be there.  It's getting up when it is dark - that is the problem and especially on a weekend when sleeping-in sounds like a much better option under a warm snuggly duvet.   

There is a race I would like to do in July.  The huge stage race that I was aiming for in June has been put on hold for now.  Upon reflection I would rather the do the 1 day stage race when I am much fitter and in a better condition to know that I will finish it.  At first I was upset about this but I have to be real with myself.  These races do not come cheap.  We would have to pay for accomodation etc. etc. and to not really enjoy it because I am not in good enough shape would not be fun or justify the expense.  The one is July I believe is doable.  It is 108km's long.  I have already complete a 100km race so I know I can do this as long as I keep my training up.  It also gives me just over 2 months in which I can focus on losing some weight.

Have a super week everyone.  I am going to work on my training plan for the week coming.
  

4 comments:

M Pax said...

Glad to hear that you're fired up and found something you like. Yip! :)

There is a mixture of a very black cloud, white clouds and blue sky out my window. Anything could happen. :-O

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Just wanted you to know I've been following your progress, I'm so proud of you... good luck on the bike races in July.

Hanlie said...

I'm scared of kettlebells... They just look kind of dangerous to me. Maybe it's because I'm seriously clumsy and can just see myself inadvertently letting one fly or hitting myself on the head. Good luck though!

I'm with you on the remorse eating. I had pizza the other day and the after-effects were like a hangover. Not worth it!

KCLAnderson (Karen) said...

I started kettlebell workouts a couple of weeks ago...and I LOVE IT! And I agree that KB has everything! Cardio, strength, flexibility and balance! I started off by doing workouts twice a week and now I am doing three (with a trainer). I am contracted with him through July...not sure what I'll do once the three months is up but I know KBs will always have a place in my workout routine!