Thursday, April 1, 2010

See, touch and feel - real goals



March did not exactly go according to plan.  It was so off-plan that I don't think a plan even existed, as it turns out, there was a plan and that plan involved 'self-destruction'

When you're the person losing the weight it is sometimes hard to see how far you have come. 

Yesterday I looked at a photo of myself and OMG - I'm still fat.  But hang-on how bad did I look 16 kg's ago, when I wasn't gyming, when I wasn't cycling...when I wasn't working at it.  There is the 'OMG' factor and there is the 'putting everything in perspective' factor

Over the last weekend I tried on a pair of 'skinny' jeans and a size 18 fitted beautifully - WOW - cannot remember when I last fitted into a size 18.  Wake-up Call!!  Woohoooo!!  BUT - I did not buy the pair of jeans that made me feel like I was on top of the world that day.  Today that changed and I walked into the store and bought a size smaller - I bought the size 16.  This is a 'do or die' moment - those jeans will fit and soon.  All of a sudden I have a goal I can see, touch and feel.  It's real!!

How to keep that goal always in sight.  Well - it's my wallpaper/theme for my Blackberry.  Yep, the new addition in my life.  Love my Blackberry.







2 comments:

M Pax said...

I love the OMG vs putting in perspective. Yes! Bloggerland often loses its perspective. You go, woman! Look what you've done! Be proud. Own it. Let it make you feel good. I found that the best motivation to keep going. :)

Diana Ferreira said...

wow Shelly! that is absolutely frigging amazing! we are all so proud of you.
Have a wonderful Easter Weekend to u and your family.